Clear Bag Policy
Be Clear on Event Day
State Farm Stadium & NFL Clear Bag Policy strictly limits the size and types of bags that are permitted. Backpacks, purses (other than small clutches), and diaper bags are not permitted. State Farm Stadium strongly encourages fans not to bring any bags, however, the following will be permitted:
- Each fan may carry one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC no larger than 12” by x 6” x 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch purse no larger than 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, subject to search.
- Each ticket holder, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
- Metal detector screening and a search of all items being carried in will take place at stadium gates. There are no provisions available at the stadium to store or safeguard any prohibited bags. Guests will be asked to return prohibited items to their vehicle.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag, however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Blankets should be carried over the shoulder to be screened more quickly.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones are permitted if carried in loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Seat cushions without pockets, zippers or concealable areas must not exceed 18 inches wide.
There are no provisions to check prohibited bags or items at the stadium. Fans will be asked to either return prohibited items to parked vehicle, if they have not entered the stadium, or dispose of prohibited items at the gate. State Farm Stadium and the Arizona Cardinals are not responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged.
Access Control Points
When arriving at the stadium gates, fans will pass through two security checks:
- The first security check, a short distance from the gates, staff will visually check the size and type of all bags being carried in to ensure they meet NFL Clear Bag Policy requirements.
- At the second security check at an Access Control Point, the contents of all bags will be searched and all fans will be required to walk through a metal detector or be screened with a hand-held device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many bags can each person bring into the stadium?
A total of two bags may be brought into the stadium if they adhear to the following:
- One large clear bag, either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag or a 12” by 6” by 12” clear bag
- A small clutch purse or wallet no larger than 4.5"x 6.5"
Only one large clear bag and one small clutch purse will be admitted. Two large clear bags or two small clutch purses will not be admitted.
Am I able to bring in food and beverage?
No. Outside food & beverage is not allowed inside the stadium. However, the following items will be admitted:
- One (1) factory-sealed, non-frozen 500mL (16.9 fl. Oz.) bottle of water
- Sports drinks and flavored water are not permitted
- Food and beverage items for infants two years of age or younger.
- Make sure that any bags or containers being carried in meet NFL Clear Bag policy guidelines.
Can fans carry cameras, binoculars, smart phones or other approved items separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Yes. Binoculars, a phone or camera can be carried into State Farm Stadium so long as it is not in its own bag. This is not a restriction on items that fans can bring into the stadium, it is only a restriction on the type of container carring items.
Are diaper bags permitted?
Diapers and wipes can be carried in approved clear bags. Diaper bags are not permitted.
Are seat cushions allowed to be carried into the stadium?
Yes. One-piece, foam seat cushions without pockets, zippers or concealable areas no larger than 18" are permitted.
Can blankets be carried into the stadium?
Yes. Guests should hang blankets over their shoulder or arm so that they can be easily screened.
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans carrying non-approved bags will be turned away from the stadium before arriving at Access Control Points. Complimentary, disposable, clear plastic freezer bags will be available at the Access Control Points to afford guests the opportunity to transfer belongings to an approved bag before approaching the stadium. The empty, non-approved bag will not be allowed into the stadium and must be returned to a vehicle or disposed of at the gate.
If I have certain items that I need to bring into the stadium for medical reasons and they won’t fit in the clear bag, what do I do?
The designated entrance for medically necessary items is the ADA Access Control Point at Gate 2 conducts special screenings of these bags for each event at State Farm Stadium.